Monday, May 2, 2011

Preparing for the new plan

This is my last week of FTL, which is sad because it is such a nice acronym.  That being said, I'm not quite following that plan this week either.  Next week, the training shall be as follows:

Monday: 4
Tuesday: 3
Wednesday: Rest (fly to Germany)
Thursday: Rest (jet lag)
Friday: 3
Saturday: 4
Sunday: 3

This is the warm-up for the actual half-marathon plan that I will be starting in June.  You do a month of reasonable weekly mileage to get prepared.  However, I haven't been up to running these distances, so yesterday I decided that the time had come to bump up training with a 4-mile run.

It was a 4-mile run of agony!

First, I think I got going too quickly considering that it is hot.  Not quite summer conditions, but it was still 90F when I got started (at this was at 7pm).  That is hot.  So next time, I need to slow down.  Evidently, I forgot just how slowly I had to run last summer when I was adapting to the heat.

Second, I need to run more. 

What I am hoping now is that the next time I try 4 miles, it will not be as agonizing.  We will see that as progress.  It's the little victories at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment