Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I can still run! Just maybe not in the evening

I find it funny that when you are heat adapted, running at night is the best because of the low humidity.  However, as I was reminded today, before you are heat adapted, it is torture because it's, like, 90F.

For today's run, I did 3M around my neighborhood.  In fact, it was a forced 'around my neighborhood' because I forgot to charge the toy last night so I had no idea how far I needed to go--it died 0.5 miles in.  Instead, I ran what I am pretty sure was about a mile three time.  Let's call it a run of around 3M.

This is great news!  After Sunday, I was beginning to wonder if I could run at all for any distance.

It was hot and I did get sweaty, but nowhere near the torture that was Sunday's 4M.  Lesson learned: I'm still at a 'running in the morning' stage.  Maybe if I adapt to running in the morning, I can handle the evening.  Or I could just go to Munich.  Better plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment