Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's 2-4-1 Week

Not sure why I didn't post yesterday, but I guess I forgot.  So you get another 2-for-1!

YESTERDAY

Yesterday's run was a 3-mile one.  I had a late night the day before and wasn't entirely sure if I was going to get the motivation to go.  And yet, at 7:30PM, out I went.  Only one problem: I forgot to check the weather.  And it poured.  Poured.  For about 40% of the run.  My clothes actually dripped piles of water later.  It was not particularly enjoyable.

But I did it.  And that's what counts.  As I was reminded during the marathon, sometimes it rains and sometimes you have to run anyway, even though you really, really don't want to.

TODAY

Today I was also not really feeling it, but I have no idea why.  I was very tired for some reason, even though I got a good night's sleep (or at least I thought I did).  But I was lagging the whole day.  However, after I got home -- and after a lot of putting it off -- I did finally get out and run.  Today was another 3 mile; I could have done a 4, but just didn't feel like it, especially since I went pretty late.  By the way, the sun sets quite late here, today was 8:57PM.  This is great!  Makes it much easier to run at night, even when you are lazy.

Things went pretty well and I think it might have been my best time yet (although it helped that I didn't have to stop for any traffic lights on my route).  Also, it cooled down after the storm yesterday, so the weather was quite pleasant, right around 70F.  And without stupid humidity.  Yay not being in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment