Saturday, May 14, 2011

First run in Munich, not quite as planned

There has been a considerable amount of settling in needed over the past few days, plus I have been extremely tired and sleeping a lot.  But that is okay.  Now things are actually settling and I managed to get out for my first run today.

Interesting: the part of Munich in which I am staying has no hills.  Zero.

Also interesting: they have storms crop up here awfully quickly, as I learned today.

I was planning to do a four-mile run, but it wound up being more like 2 miles because it started to pour.  Big time.  I am soaked right now.  There was a moment where I felt that I should just tough it out (it is only rain, after all), but as I was heading back in defeat, I heard thunder and decided that I had made the right decision.  Note to self: check weather before going out for runs.  Admittedly, it did look a bit sketchy when I started, but not 'full-out storm' sketchy.  Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment