Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why am I trying to heat adapt?

The high tomorrow is Munich, Germany is 55F

55F.

If you can imagine.

Why is this relevant?  Because in a little over a week, I will be in Munich, Germany.

The temperature right now in Florida, on the other hand, is 86F.  I was waiting for it to fall from 90F (where it was until about 7:20pm) and it didn't for quite a while.  My plan was to go running the minute that the temperature starting dropping, except that now it is getting dark.  Also fun is that we are at the point where the humidity is going up once the sun goes down.  Not quite summer ick.  Not quite.  But still pretty nasty for running.

'Screw this,' I said.  'Why am I trying to heat adapt when I won't be in the heat in a week?'

Also, I will be in Pittsburgh this weekend, where the temperature should be in the 50s.

Forget this.  I'm not even going to bother to heat adapt.  I will try to go running, although I think that some running/walking is in my immediate future.  But if it is 90F, I think I'm going to do something else, like an exercise video.  I worked hard in the fall, going out in temperatures that were vile.  It's time to relax.  Not time to do nothing, but time to maybe lay off of the running in horrid conditions.

No excuses once I get to Munich, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment