Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Munich run (for now)

I am traveling today, heading off to Vienna.  Before I go, though, I got in a 3-mile run to start off the week.  I did the loop that I thought was 4 miles, but was actually closer to 3 that I tried out last Friday and guess what?  It is around 3 miles.  So that worked out well.

I have to say that although Germany has much to recommend it, weather forecasts are not its forte.  For instance, every time I checked the weather yesterday, it was going to be rainy this morning.  Possibly downpour.  Sounded nasty.  However, it was also supposed to cool off, which would be just fine with me since yesterday it was in the 80s.  When I woke up this morning, I couldn't help but notice that the sun was shining and that there was no rain.  In fact, rain did not even look likely -- I have learned about that 'Munich sudden rain' thing.  They are not big on weather radars here, so I couldn't verify what was going to happen, but it at no point seemed like it was going to rain during my run.  As you probably already deduced, it also didn't cool off considerably, which was too bad.  I guess I should be happy that I didn't have to run in a downpour, but this is wreaking havoc with my travel clothing plans.

The calves remain tight although I think that it is taking less time for them to loosen during the run.  That is positive and I hope that they will continue to improve.  Time to end this entry, though, because I have some last-minute packing to do, then to Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment