Saturday, May 28, 2011

Still cool, but much more pleasant

Today it remains cool, but without the rain.  So pretty much perfect!  I ran at 3:00PM.  If you can imagine.  The last time I came even close to running this late was during a 'cold front' in Florida back in November.  And it was still challenging.  Today's run, on the other hand, was just plain pleasant.

The calves are still tight.  I've read a lot of blogs today that tell me basically if you start running a lot, your calves will be tight.  I don't think it's anything more serious.  Shins are not really bugging me (so it's not shin splints) and it's really only when I'm running that I have a problem.  No cramping up or anything.  So we will stay with the schedule for now and hope that this goes away.  I did have something similar happen when I took a break during the winter of 2007, then started running again, so I don't think it's anything to be too concerned with at this point.

It's nice that a 3M run doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore after two weeks of being back in a normal routine.  This is great, since there are plenty of longer runs ahead.  But it is also great because as long as 3M doesn't seem like a big deal, I'll get through this training plan for the half-marathon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment