Saturday, April 30, 2011

Resetting

Today is a reset.

As of today, I will no longer worry about the fact that my running plan has been non-existent for the past few months.  I will no longer feel bad about not accomplishing the goals that I set.  Yesterday classes finished and now I can get my life back.  Everything starts new.

This mantra applies to everything, by the way.  The living room will be purged of empty cardboard boxes.  The dining room table will be organized without magazines and mail everywhere.  The kitchen will get a thorough cleaning.  And I'm not going to feel bad about how all of these spaces got to these chaotic states.  I'm just going to look ahead.

Today I ran one pyramid piece (so that's an 'F' in the FTL).  Yes, it is the wimpiest of the three workouts, plus I ran it like a linebacker trying to sprint.  But today I have too many things to do to allow myself the time for a long run, which is really a tragedy because it is actually very nice out.  Not even 'nice for Florida.'  Just plain nice.  Not too humid and 72F at the time of writing.  Much nicer than it has been for the past little while.  Here's hoping it sticks around for tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be the 'L'.  I did go aquajogging on Monday, so that makes this very close to a successful week.  And those will now continue.  Everything is from this day forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment