Sunday, April 3, 2011

Successful week (at long last)

I did it!  Today was 'L' of FTL, with a 55-minute 'long' run.  I didn't even have to walk!  Victory!

Although, I did want to walk.  Today was still less awful than normal, but in the direct sun, I still felt terrible.  I went after 6pm, so I was hoping that it wouldn't be too bad.  Part of me knows that adaptation will happen, eventually, and that it just takes time.

Another part of me knows that I never fully adapt and that I need to just suck up this icky hot.

That part of me remains unhappy.

What I should focus on instead: running elsewhere (not in Florida) this summer and the half-marathon in upstate New York.  It will be okay.  Sometimes I just lose sight of that.  Speaking of which, I need to figure out a game plan for that thing soon--probably I will have to start gearing up for real training in May or so.  Right now, I am nowhere near ready 'real training.'  But this week was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment