Monday, April 11, 2011

Figuring out a plan

Yesterday, I sat down and made a plan that should take me from now until the Oak Tree Half Marathon on Labor Day.  It's almost 6 months, so almost half the year.  And that seems positive.  This has definitely not been my best year for running thus far and it's consoling to know that not all is in vain.

I'm going to stick with the FTL plan for a few more weeks, then transition to a 5-day-a-week plan, and finish up with the half-marathon plan, which is 12 weeks.  It looks relatively doable.  Some conflicts will likely come up; for instance, I will be flying to Germany, which will knock me out, but it's okay.  Getting off track once or twice is not the worst thing.

Today I did my 'F' run, with another pyramid.  I thought that it was going to be awful because the temperature was 86F.  However, it really wasn't as bad as I expected.  No idea why.  Let's hope this keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment