Friday, July 22, 2011

When it rains, it gets humid

I really wanted to go running yesterday.  Honest.  But I was zonked from yoga.  I also thought about doing a pool run, but then decided that it was probably better to just wait and run today instead.  My last three runs for this week are 3, 3, and 7, so not overly oenerous.

I really wanted to go running this morning...but I didn't.  No good reason for that except that I stayed out talking to friends for maybe too long.  Then maybe stayed up reading.  Hey, this is still a better reason than one of the mornings that I slept in last summer because I stayed up watching Cheers reruns.

I finally got around to running today after a yoga class.  Hurray!  The good news: it was stormy this afternoon, so the sun wasn't powerful (and we all learned yesterday about how the sun distorts the heat index).  The bad news: the lack of sun didn't burn away the humidity.  So the humidity was still over 80% even at 7pm.  In fact, although it felt considerably better than a normal run due to the lack of sun, it still managed to be over the threshold of ick since the temperature was 80F and the humidity 83%. 

I got going a bit too fast today and wound up having to walk because I was starting to get a side stitch at around 2.25 miles.  After walking for a bit, I slowed my pace down considerably so that I could complete the run (and I did).  The humidity was deceptive because it really did make things seem better.  Looks like Mr. Florida Humidity poses its own separate challenges from Mr. Florida Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment