Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hills and Heat

Two of my favorite things so far this week:

Tuesday was hills.  It was my last Pittsburgh run, so I did the worst hills that I could find in my immediate vicinity.  It wasn't a very long route, just over a mile, but the icky hills definitely made up for it.  The one in the previous picture was actually not the worst of them.  However, it doesn't matter because no more elevation for me for a while!

This morning, I did one of my '3 mile' Florida adaptation runs.  I actually was hoping to get the 5 mile for this week out of the way by splitting the run in half (3 in the morning, then 2 later), but this afternoon was rainy and I decided to pass.  It was beyond the icky zone (over 160 when you total temperature and humidity), but it was overcast so actually this didn't feel as awful as it might have.  That being said, it was still pretty sweaty and I'm glad it didn't have to go on for any longer.  I'm going to try and do four straight days to make up for missing yesterday, although I plan to split the long run up on Sunday into two 4 mile runs instead of one 8.  Then next week, I plan to actually try running the full route.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment