Sunday, July 10, 2011

Split run

Today's run was supposed to be 6M.  Instead, I treated that like two 3-mile runs, completing one in the morning and the other later on.  Then I treated those like two 3-mile runs when I am adapting to Florida heat.  To finish, I treated the second one of these shorter runs to a run preparing me to stop walking during my adapting.  Confused yet?  Here's how it worked out:

Run #1 (AM): 6 intervals of 4 minute run/1 minute walk
Run #2 (PM): 5 intervals of 5 minute run/1 minute walk

I'm not really sure where I go from here in modifying, except that 30 is a great number for toying around with stuff.  The plan is to be running throughout by next Saturday's 3-mile run.  I just need to figure out how to pull that off most effectively.  Or I could suck it up for this week, which may have to be the answer, as icky as that may feel.

Modifying isn't really relevant for Tuesday since Tuesday is hills and I already have that scoped out.  I'm going to go to the Florida hill in the golf course neighborhood, which likely has an elevation of about 25 feet or so.  A marked change from Pittsburgh, I can promise you that.

As for today's runs, both were somewhat hot and sweaty.  Not as bad as they could have been, particularly the PM one since it was overcast.  It would have been horrid with Mr. Florida Sun out.  But I could have done with less humidity since it was in the 75% range.  You can't have it all, though, and all things considered, I think I prefer humid over searing heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment