Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last three days

It's been a busy trip, so I haven't had time to keep up with the running blog.  I could give you a 3-4-1 for the past few days, but that seems like a bit much, so instead I will just summarize. First things first, here is a sample of what I see while running here:

The hills are alive!  But with grapes and trees and such.

My runs generally went quite well.  It was a 4, 3, and 5 to finish off the week, so that is three straight successful weeks.  The calves haven't been giving me any trouble at all, which is great, and I have no new issues to report.  I do have to say that this week's 5-mile was not nearly as nice as last week's.  I wound up in the sun for a lot of it and while it wasn't insanely hot, it was more warm than one might like in this situation.  But I survived, so no big deal.

There have certainly been hills over the past few days...not quite like in the photo, but hills nonetheless.  It's good practice.  I can feel like my muscles are almost getting used to them, which is not to say that I am running them very well, because I am insanely slow.  But it's good practice.  Who knows what I will find in Berlin, which is the next stop on my journey?  Something tells me 'not many hills,' but I guess I will learn soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment