Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Under the lindens

I am in Berlin and as I guessed, it is flat.  Pretty much completely flat.  Bit of a change from Austria!

Today's run was very nice.  I didn't get out until after 10am, but it wasn't too hot.  This is a nice change from lots of other places I have been lately.  Also, there was a cool breeze and it wasn't too humid.  Apparently, it is unusually humid for Berlin these days, but that is a pretty reasonable amount of humidity for someone who has spent time in more southern climes.  I found it quite nice.

I'm staying in Charlottenburg, which is a great place to run.  The sidewalks are huge.  You could probably fit 10 people across them, seriously (maybe not 10 big people).  But there is no difficulty when you are running to avoid other pedestrians.  I find this great.

This morning, I ran to the local palace and back.  It's pretty sweet because there are huge gardens and you are right by the Spree, which is the local river.  The run there is slightly less pleasant because you can hit a lot of red lights, but that's okay.  I didn't worry about time this morning as a result.

Tomorrow, I can go run around a local lake.  Not a bad place to be situated to do some running!

One thing that is slightly irritating: there are a lot of linden trees in the area, which means a lot of linden sap on my shoes.  Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment