Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hello, treadmill!

It had been quite a while since I last decided to do a treadmill run.  Today's decision was predicated on a few factors, but was mostly driven by the fact that I've been kind of out of it and unmotivated all day.  Totally one of those days when I look at the clock and think, '4pm?  When did that happen?  And what have I done all day?'  Ah, summer.

Anyway, I had this cool plan to get up early and do stuff, but I didn't sleep well and I decided to take advantage of the fact that I didn't have to force myself out of bed early to not force myself out of bed early.  That being said, I was up by 8:30am, so it's not like I was lounging around until 3pm or anything.  The short version of this lengthy digression is that I had already decided that today would be a treadmill day and that I would do my fartlek (actually a pyramid).

The plan was to do three pyramids (15 minutes each), hoping that there would be no one there and I could do so guilt-free.  There is a limit of 30 minutes for cardio equipment at my gym but if no one is around, I tend to ignore that.  Unfortunately, because the day slipped away, I didn't wind up getting there until 4:45pm.  Around 5:10pm, people started filtering in and I felt I should not go over the 30-minute limit.  So I wound up completing only two pyramids, although this is still much better than not running at all.  I kind of wish that I had finished more, but I'm sure that there will be plenty of opportunities to run more this week, so it's okay.

There is a sort-of thunderstorm, so I don't really want to finish up outside.  What I mean by a 'sort-of thunderstorm' is that there is thunder and rain every so often, then it seems to stop.  No idea if it has stopped for good now.  It's the time of year when storms come and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment