Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, albeit sweaty

Today was the real deal Florida AM run.  Humid (although in the 80% range because I went around 8:30), sun out, and too warm for running.  I did another one of my walk/run deals for 30 minutes.  During my first walk interval, I realized that this week actually has a different format than the previous weeks and that I was pretty sure this morning's run was supposed to be a fartlek.  Ah well.  Saturday is supposed to be 3M, so I will just move stuff around and finish up the week as is.  Tomorrow, then, is 4M (ew) and Thursday will be a fartlek.  That might not be so bad since there is walking in it (if I do a pyramid instead, which is fully what I intend to do), although I don't think that I will go very fast.  Actually, I should probably do three pyramids since it is supposed to be a 4M fartlek, so that is the new plan (each pyramid = 15 minutes, in a world where we are pretending that I run relatively quickly).

Today was another tough one, as evinced by the fact that sweat is still dripping off of me 15 minutes later (ew).  I had been lucky so far in avoiding Mr. Florida Sun--as he was affectionately known during marathon training--but today I figured I should face him.  He's still a strong and powerful entity.  But this is all part of adapting.  This run was not fun.  At least it wasn't hideously awful and I survived it.  I was a bit disheartened to realize that these are basically going to be the conditions for the rest of my training plan, but I tried not to dwell on that fact for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment