Wednesday, June 8, 2011

She who hestitates gets rained on

Yet again with the weather forecast: when I got up this morning, I checked the weather and was told that it would start raining probably around noon and keep raining for the rest of the day.  However, when I went outside to run around 9:30am, it was already raining.  *sigh*

However, this was not drenching, awful rain, more of an intermittent drizzle, so really I can't complain.  I was a bit annoyed with myself for not just going when I got up, since it hadn't started to rain at that point, but it turned out fine.  It is good that I went when I did since now it is not only raining pretty hard, but there is also a thunderstorm.

Today I got a 2-4-1 in the form of scenic routes.  First, I ran around a local lake:

Taken yesterday, when it was not raining.
Running half-way around the lake was only around 0.8 miles and today was 4 total, so I decided to add on and see where I wound up.  I managed to make my way back to yesterday's palace, although I didn't actually have much to go by the time I made it there.  So it was mostly just running to the palace, plus the lake.  However, running to the palace (from the point where I started) was also not too bad because there really aren't many stops along the way.  In contrast to yesterday, I only had one red light where I had to stop.

Berlin's sidewalks remain spectacular, at least in this region.  Today there were two pedestrians plus a woman in a wheelchair and there was ample room for me to keep running.  Well done Charlottenburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment