Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You have got to be kidding me

This afternoon, I noticed that I wasn't feeling great: lethargic, not motivated, and tired.  Then my stomach started acting weird.

Not again.

I just cannot handle another bout of this stupid flu!  Enough!

So I refused to accept the flu.  Went to the treadmill and ran my intervals despite the fact that I felt lousy.  Did my 5 x 50m on this week's workout (with a 2-minute RBI).

This might have been a very stupid idea.  I think that if someone came to me and asked what to do in this situation, I would advise taking a rest day.  But I am just not going to be sick again.  And that is final.  You had better be listening, stupid flu.

(That being said, it is entirely possible that I change the schedule to have a day off tomorrow.  I'm going to see how I feel in the morning and play it by ear.  Supposed to be 50 minutes with some hill intervals).

Also, the weather is fabulous for running.  Nice and cool again.  Of course.

In case you're curious, I did finish the Dark Tower and I liked the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment