Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She who hesitates gets humidity in return

The running schedule was to do a 25-minute run yesterday, which was supposed to be at half-marathon pace.  But yesterday I was really not feeling it.  Not quite sure why, except that I generally get off of my sleep schedule on the weekends. 

I lie.  I have no sleep schedule.

Anyway, then Monday comes and I have to be up at 6:30am and that generally does not go well.  I know, there are easier solutions to this problem (like adapting to get up every morning at 6:30am).  But I've been staying up late working, so I feel like at least I'm not staying up watching reruns of 'News Radio' or something, so it isn't so bad (that being said, I am maybe staying up past my bedtime to read Stephen King's Dark Tower but dammit, I need to finish this thing.  I'm on Book 7 of 7.  Also, if I'm too tired, I will fall asleep while reading, so problem solved).  I need to find a way to get more done in the day.  Anyway.

Mondays.  Yeah, not my favorite.  But in hindsight, I really wish that I had gone.  Yesterday, we still had the awesome cold front in place.  Today, not so much.  It was humid during the 25-minute run.  Not 'Oh God someone kill me' summer humid, but humid nonetheless, like over 80% easily.  I'll bet that it would have been more fun to go yesterday when the humidity was probably more in the 50% or less range.

Ah well.  The point is that I went.  And it wasn't completely terrible.  It's weird to me that I still feel guilty about changing my workout plans, even when they do actually get done.  Any cures for this?  Or maybe it is a good thing that keeps me going?  No idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment