Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ask, and ye shall receive

Okay, last time I complained that it was too humid and voila!  Cold front!  This is the second time this has happened since I started blogging about running (also happened once on the marathon blog). 

Today's run was 70 minutes.  I decided to take it easy and enjoy, particularly considering the awesome weather (mid-50s with a cool breeze, but plenty of sun to warm you up).  I only took the watch and left the Forerunner at home.  It will get plenty of use for the rest of the week, so I think that this made sense.  Anyway, I did manage to take it easy and it was quite enjoyable.  I could have maybe worn slightly less (I went went a long-sleeve performance shirt and a real hat), but it was not too awful.

I think that I'm starting to realize the differences between marathon training and this plan.  I feel like I have a lot more power in my legs than I am used to actually using.  This makes sense to some extent: for the marathon runs, I was mostly just trying to keep going and not worrying too much about speed.  Now, I think the time has come to switch this mentality.  Part of what feels weird, though, is that I have more strength than I am accustomed to, so I'm still trying to figure out how I can use this.  I'm not sure if this will be resolved by the 5k (I hope it will) and I don't really know how to explain it.  Let me just say that it feels kind of weird, for lack of a more clear description.

No comments:

Post a Comment