Monday, January 17, 2011

Apparently I am a Monday runner

So remember that flu that I had about a week and a half ago?  It continued last week.  Monday after I did my run I was not feeling great and for the rest of the week, I was unbelievably tired.  I decided that my best move was probably to take a week off.  Not ideal, but better than overdoing it and getting sick yet again.  This past weekend I managed to eat pretty much normally so I drew the conclusion that if you can eat, you can burn off those calories through running.

I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get out today because it has been rainy.  Like, all day with thunderstorms rainy.  These weather conditions are somewhat unusual for this time of year.  Although since it rained also last Monday, maybe this is just a Monday thing.  I did manage to get out at a point when it was not raining and there was no thunder heard.  As you can probably guess, though, it was a tad humid.

Like 87% humid.  Blech.  That ranks as too humid in my books.  It was in the high 60s, so I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad, but the high humidity was pushing it.

The run was only supposed to be a little 25-minute jaunt around the neighborhood.  I was hoping to sustain a quickish pace.  However, that didn't quite happen.  I'm not sure if it was because of the week off or the weather or so combination of both.  The good news is that there are still seven weeks before this 5k to work up my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment