Saturday, September 24, 2011

That's more like it!

After a long day of travel, I was looking forward to getting to my hotel in Louisville and chilling out.  It's been a tiring few days, particularly with today's travel (Phoenix to Oklahoma City to St. Louis to Louisville...someone really should have checked the flight schedule more carefully).  But the minute I stepped out of the airport and I didn't immediately recoil at the weather, I knew that I wanted to go running.

This decision went against many of my normal habits.  It was near dark.  I didn't know where to run.  I didn't know the area.  But I asked the woman at the front desk of my hotel about 15 times if it was safe, and she assured me that it was.  She was right.

I'm actually on the Indiana side of Louisville in Jefferson and there is a great trail here.  It is called the Ohio River Greenway and it was incredibly well lit at night, which was totally unexpected, but great.  I only wish that I was spending more time here and could explore this trail more.  For a quick, 30-minute run, though, it was ideal.  And the weather....the weather was great!  In the 60s and fortunately, no rain (there is rain in the area).

It's nice to be reminded sometimes that I actually enjoy running and run willingly when I get the chance.  The past few months have not been very encouraging.  Runs like tonight's are great rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment