Thursday, September 1, 2011

I think I have identified the issue

I took a quick look at the Weather Network to learn more about Katia, our next named tropical storm, and I saw a big mess in the Gulf of Mexico.  There is a huge amount of tropical moisture streaming around, which will likely form into the Storm After Katia, which would be Lee.  This would explain why we have been experiencing higher than normal humidity.  But it doesn't make it any less icky:



Today's run was 8 miles.  In 100% humidity the entire time.  I was somewhat excited when I looked at the weather this morning and saw that the dew point was merely 73F, but that lasted only until I looked at the temperature and saw that it, also, was 73F.  Incidentally, this puts the temperature + humidity at 173.  That is so far beyond the threshold of ick (160) that I don't even know what to make of it.

I mean, it wasn't hot and it was overcast, so I guess that is good. But I could have done without the mounds of sweat that I experienced.  The weirdest part was that my legs really didn't feel tired at the end.  Everything else did, but not my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment