Tuesday, September 27, 2011

So much better

So today's run was over the Threshold of Ick: it was in the low 80s with over 80% humidity.  The dew point was right around 75F.  And you know what?  It really didn't feel so bad.  Which tells you just how bad the weather was this summer.  Don't get me wrong: I was very sweaty and I definitely had to push (and my time was nothing to write home about), but it was at least manageable and not, to choose an example at random, 100% humidity like at the start of the month.

I was going to go this morning and make up for last week's long run but I was still tired.  It was a very tiring weekend.  And so, I decided that I would just follow the schedule from here on out and not try and make up last week's run.  It should be fine, I didn't miss anything too crucial on the schedule.  Last week was 10 miles, but next week is 10 miles too as the long run, so I will just do it then (this week is 8 miles, so that will be Sunday).

Today was 4.5 miles.  I ran pretty well throughout, I think, even though my actual speed was slow.  That was one of my goals because I'm getting fed up with walking.  And I succeeded!  Except for the part where someone had his dog off-leash and the dog came up and said hi to me.  Then I walked so as not to completely freak out the dog.  Unavoidable walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment