Thursday, September 15, 2011

I may have lost my mind

There is a Florida halfathon series in which you run 4 half-marathons over the course of about 5 months (late October to mid-March).

I signed up for it today.

Yes, I realize that this could signal the fact that I have lost my mind.

However, I am very excited about this suddenly, which is great since I'll need all of the enthusiasm that I can muster to get through it.  Over the next few days, I plan to map out a training schedule, probably one that has me running 3-4 times a week, since that worked well when I did the marathon.  I'll have to improvise a bit since I'm pretty sure that I'll be coming into a training plan midway, but I think that I should be okay since I did just train for a 1/2 marathon and wasn't running into any injury problems.  Also, I'll have to figure out what to do between races as a modified plan.  But this is okay.

One of them has 'hills,' by which I mean the Clearwater Beach Causeway.  It's legit.  And very sunny.  I will get photos soon.  Fortunately, this is the race in January, so we can all cross our fingers that it won't be complete torture.

It is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment