Thursday, September 22, 2011

Running in Phoenix

Ages ago, I lived in Vegas for a summer.  What I most hated about it was that you always felt hot.  Even when you were inside, with the A/C on, you never really cooled down.  For instance, if I took a hot shower, it was too hot.  Summer of cold showers.  Ew.

I couldn't help but think about this while trying to run on the treadmill here.  It just felt too......hot.  Didn't help that the A/C in the fitness room seemed to be unreliable.  Didn't help that the A/C wasn't on when I started and the room was 75F for a while today (it cooled to 71F....but it sure didn't feel like it).  Didn't help that the treadmill made scary, weird noises or that there was no water in the fitness room.  You're probably getting the idea.

Today was going to be the long run, but it didn't work.  I'm going to try to do it on the treadmill on Saturday when I am in Louisville, KY and it is not 96F out at 8pm.  If that doesn't work out, then I will move the long run to Monday or Tuesday of next week.  It's okay.  I did run yesterday and today.  Conditions are just not ideal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment