Thursday, September 29, 2011

Seen while aquajogging

I don't know why, but today I just felt like doing aquajogging instead of running for real.  No idea.  So I decided to go for it, even though this is kind of cheating.  Honor the body and all that (at least, that is what they say often in my yoga classes).

Anyway, I'm glad that I did because what very well might be the highlight of my day took place.  There are two pools at my condo association: one bigger one and one smaller one.  Usually, I aquajog in the smaller one because fewer people use it and there is shade.  Today, there were two elderly people walking across the short part of the pool (not length-wise) as their exercise--I am in no way mocking their exercise regiment, since I have the utmost respect for anyone who takes the time to exercise.  What did crack me up, though, was that they were listening to the Sirius Radio Broadway channel while they were doing this and the Paul Robeson version of 'Old Man River' came on.  It was just too funny.  And too wrong. 

Mind you, it still ranks as the second-wrongest 'Old Man River' moment I have ever experienced after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment