Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tempo run

Yesterday, I got myself motivated to run.  I went with the tempo run, which was four 5-minute intervals with 90 seconds in between.  This time around,  I took the toy, so I was able to track the time very accurately.  I haven't actually looked at any of the other statistics; it's pretty safe to say that they were not very good, because I felt vaguely like I was running through sludge.

The key, though, is that I did it.

Also, it was kind of hot.  I was definitely feeling the weather, even though this was only in 5-minute intervals.  Yeesh.  I did a sunset run again, because I'm still not able to get myself motivated to tackle the early-morning conditions.

I was supposed to run a 5k this weekend, but apparently it has been postponed (awwwwwwwwww).  Today there have been some pretty violent storms, although honestly I just spent the last four hours in the kitchen preparing things related to strawberries (such as jam) and I seriously doubt that I would have gone.  Tomorrow might get weird, but at least it looks like the weekend should be clear sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment