Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fall half-marathon

Over Christmas, my stepmother and I got talking about running a half-marathon.  She used to run wicked fast and has done a marathon.  I, on the other hand, have never and will never run wicked fast, but have also done a marathon.  She wants to get back into running longer distances, so we thought about doing a half.

The plan was to do a half-marathon in Oakville, Ontario over Labor Day (or as the Canadians would call it, 'Labour Day, eh.  Sorry').  However, they have moved the Oakville 1/2 from Labor Day to later in September, which seems silly since it is called the Labour Day Half-Marathon.  But okay.

So now we need to find a new venue.  I am suggesting the Oak Tree Half-Marathon in Genesco, NY.  It would be over Labor Day, the temperature would probably be awesome, it doesn't start at some godawful hour of morning, we could get there on Saturday, then run Sunday, and the pictures make me want to run, like, right now.  I'm pulling for this one.  It seems to simultaneously solve many problems all at once.

Today I did not get out for a run, and we all know what that means: push-ups.  Boo.  Okay, off to finish them, then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment