Saturday, March 26, 2011

Avoiding running

I came to a conclusion this week: I've been avoiding running.  However, in more promising news, I have been doing other stuff.  Here is the week in summary:

Monday: workout video
Tuesday: rowing machine class
Wednesday: rest (rowing machine class tired me out!)
Thursday: pushups
Friday: rest

Today I was thinking of running this morning, then decided that I wanted to go swimming.  I thought about flipping things so that I would go swimming tomorrow, but the pool is closed on Sundays, so instead I will run.

I think that this is progress.  Activities are being done, just that they are not running.  That's okay with me.  In fact, as I noted at least twice in this past week, it would have just been easier to go running, so hopefully that will be a positive thought.

Another problem this week was my schedule: I wound up being out on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.  Thursdays I don't get home until after 7pm.  As mentioned previously, I don't really like running around here at night, so that poses a problem.  However, I am looking forward to taking advantage of the Eastern Standard Time sunset and running somewhat later--just as soon as I don't have to be out somewhere for 6-7pm (as I do tonight also).

No comments:

Post a Comment