Saturday, March 19, 2011

Strawberry Classic 5k

This morning, I ran the 5k of the Strawberry Classic here in beautiful Temple Terrace.  The course went through the golf course neighborhood on what was a rather circuitous route, but overall it was quite nice.  I did take the toy, so I have an accurate time.  It was nowhere near a personal best, but I did run the whole thing, plus it wasn't the slowest 5k time I've ever posted.  So I'm seeing that as a win.

In a few parts, I even felt like I could almost remember how to run again.

The temperature was not horrible throughout.  That being said, I was completely knocked out after the race...and in fact, am still feeling rather knocked out, even though it is 12 hours later.  Probably a combination of being out of shape and weather.  Ah well, I did survive, and it wasn't awful.

The best part of the race?  I got free strawberries!

I think that the lack of training combined with the need to walk in that race a month ago did bad things to my running outlook.  After today's 5k, I was starting to feel it a bit more again.  It seems to be a gradual process, but I am feeling better overall about running.  As I was standing at the start line today, I realized that I was a runner.  Sure, I'm not going through the best patch right now.  But I still have the motivation and drive--it's just buried deep down right now.

Tomorrow I shall attempt to do a long run, giving me a TL for the week with a 5k thrown in.  We will see how that goes!  Worst-case scenario is it gets moved to Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment