Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm seeing a pattern here

Stop me if you've heard this before:

Monday - I go for my run.  All seems well.  I resolve that this will be a good week of running.

Tuesday - Something gets in the way.  The run doesn't happen.  Maybe I do some other kind of exercise, but I don't run.

Wednesday - Whole plan gets derailed by something.  I get frustrated and vow to do better.  Frustration lasts until Monday, when all temporarily seems well.

Yep, again.  Tuesday morning I had put in my schedule to run.  That didn't work out because I needed to be at home for something.  Tuesday afternoon was no good since I had to be at work (or work-related events) from 3:20pm - 10:30pm.  By the time I got home, I was completely knocked out--in fact, I was too knocked out and grew concerned.  Wednesday I hit the 'snooze' button five times, which is generally a bad sign.  Then I grew concerned that I was sick again, particularly since I was exhausted all of Wednesday afternoon and into the evening.  Worried that the stomach flu was back, I tried to sleep in this morning, meaning another chance to run slipped away.

BLECH.

However, there is good news in this annoying.  I don't think it is stomach flu.  I think that it is pollen (how do you confuse those, you ask?  You feel really wiped out for a couple of days).  So tonight, I will do yoga.  That is on.  It's not running, but it's happening.  This weekend, I will get to the gym on Saturday (I'm off to Pittsburgh where they have much snow, so running is not a great option).  That is also happening.  See how it's in bold?  That's how I know it will be doneDammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment