Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

It was a somewhat busy Thanksgiving week. For instance, I went to a whole other country (okay, it was Canada, which is the country next door, but still).  I did, however, get through my entire week of running and it was a big week for this plan: 6 miles on Tuesday, what wound up being 6 miles on Thursday (surprise!), 12 miles on Friday, and speedwork today (Sunday).  I had to rearrange things due to travel, but at least everything got done.

The Thursday 6 miles was broken down as follows: 4 miles normal, then 0.5 miles fast, and 1.5 normal to finish.  I did the fast quite fast.  Plus it wound up being up a hill.  A real hill, not a Florida hill (although nowhere on par with a California hill or a Pittsburgh hill or anything).

Other excitement during my week: I bought new shoes on Monday and tried them out on Tuesday.  They seemed fine, so I took them to the foreign country.  Surprise!  They were not.  I got back Thursday to find that they had viciously attacked my feet during my run.  So I got to buy brand-new (expensive) running shoes in a foreign country.  Yay!  Ah well, these things happen sometimes.  I have to say that these were my first skunky shoes in my running career, so probably I shouldn't complain too much.

The runs all went okay, although none was particularly great. I didn't have enough fueling stuff for the long run because I was out of my sport beans.  By the end, I was hungry, which is a sign that you did not have enough en route.  But that wasn't such a big deal since I wasn't too concerned about my time.

On to tapering!  I am super excited about this since the past week wore me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment