Saturday, November 5, 2011

Northdale 5k Pumpkin Run

I did the Northdale 5k this morning, as did my friend.  And as I suspected, she beat me.  In fact, she beat my all-time best 5k time by numerous seconds (although not more than a minute!  Yes!). I feel okay with that.  That time required me to train my freaking bootie right off. 

My race was not my best, but I'm quite certain that it was in my top five 5ks.  I'm fully okay with this because I hadn't really trained for this particular distance and I actually haven't even run a 5k in months (okay, I participated in a 5k, but did not really run).  So that's fine.  If I felt like spending this year working on 5k times, I would probably get pretty good.  However, I chose to run four half-marathons, so that's plenty to keep me busy.

The weather was quite nice from a temperature standpoint (in the 50s!) but less so from the humidity standpoint (80%+, ugh).  Next time, I will not walk for so long in the middle when I get water.  In fact, for a 5k, I probably could have passed on water altogether.  But that's fine.  Live and learn.

This is probably the most chilled out I have ever felt about running a race in my entire life.  Is this progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment