Thursday, November 17, 2011

San Francisco

It's been busy since I got back from San Francisco...which was on Sunday, but feels like 87 days ago.  In fact, the SF run was a week ago, but feels like a month.  You may be getting the sense that the trip wore me out, which would be accurate!

My run was supposed to be 10 miles, except that my GPS absolutely refused to play ball near my hotel, so I opted to go by time instead.  I picked a reasonable speed and decided to run that, considering it to be 'close enough' for 10 miles.  I could have gone down to the Embacadero and run there, but I wanted a change of scenery from the last time that I was in SF.

I did manage to get to the Golden Gate Park, which looked like a superb place to run; unfortunately, I got to it right near the turn-around!  Next time, it may be a better idea get a bus and start there, otherwise you can run into a lot of traffic lights.

The hills were insane, but I knew that that was going to happen.  So I decided to try running them and accept that I would have to walk at times.  This seemed to be a good plan that worked: it took about the same amount of time to/from the hotel, so my run/walk times must have balanced pretty well on either side.  What was funny was reaching moments where I felt that I had to walk, then looking behind me.  I did do some serious hill running, even if I didn't get through everything!

That was the only run I wound up doing in California.  Sunday, I was far too tired to try anything.  I did finally get back on the ol' treadmill yesterday and should be able to get my 4 runs in this week, so back to the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment