Saturday, August 27, 2011

Florida wins the battle but I will WIN this FREAKING WAR!

After resting for the earlier part of this week, I finally got to yoga yesterday and felt so good that I did not one, but two classes back-to-back (admittedly, the first one was not too tough).  This was a remarkable improvement over not wanting to leave bed on Thursday.  I felt like I was on track to get running again this weekend.  And I was.  Except for one slight problem: Florida Struck Back.

My plan for today was rest this morning, then do my run at sundown.  Maybe I would run 3 miles, maybe 5 depending on how I felt.  Five was definitely in reach right up until I looked at the weather and learned that the dew point was 81F.  Later, I discovered that the humidity did not drop below 74% all day and the temperature was over 80F last night.  Thanks, Weather Underground.  I think.

If you've seen Kill Bill and you remember that look that The Bride got immediately before she wreaked havoc, you have an idea of the look on my face when I saw this (cue soundtrack).  No really.  I was that mad.  Unfortunately, I couldn't take my revenge on Florida by killing off the Crazy 88 or anything, so instead I ran in the pool.  And you know what?  Since we are under heat advisory (in Florida!) and since the temperature may not go under 80F tonight (dude!) and since the dew point may still be beyond vile tomorrow, I shall do my long run in the pool tomorrow too.

One week from tomorrow, I shall run my half-marathon.  And that will show you to try and keep me from my training plan, Florida!

Incidentally, even in the pool it was hot.  The air feels gauzy.  That is not a good way for the air to feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment