Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Run To Remember update

On Saturday, I took part in a local run to remember the victims of the Boston Marathon.  I used this opportunity to raise money for The One Fund, which is the official fund established by Gov. Patrick Deval and Mayor Tom Menino.  I am thrilled to announce that I was able to raise $515 for this cause.  One of the local papers did a story on the event and I was interviewed (and I'm in the picture!  That is Red Sox gear, by the way).

The run itself was good too.  I did 7 miles--there was no set distance or time, but I wanted to stick with my running plan, so I did that.  The second half went very well and, even better, I could finally breathe properly.  So hopefully the flu is totally done.  The run took place at Trout Creek, then we went on to Flatwoods.  Unlike the last time I ran at Flatwoods, this time wasn't nearly as boring.  Thank you very much Run Tampa for organizing this event.

There is a bit more news: I will not be participating in the Broad Street Run this year.  Changes in my personal circumstances have made it difficult, so I have deferred to next year.  The good news is, though, that I was able to defer, and I look forward to returning to Philly next year for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment