Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So much for that

I have to say that at the start of my run today, I was feeling kind of excited that the relatively good conditions from Sunday were still around.  It didn't feel horribly hot.  It didn't feel horribly humid.  And indeed, it was not as horrible as it could have been.  But that does not mean that it was great.

The humidity was bumped up a bit, as was the temperature, and the dew point was over 70 (okay, not by much, but not as nice as the 68 on Sunday...although now that I am looking at the conditions, they got steadily ickier as I went on, which would match my experience of that run).  According to Weather Underground, when I started today the heat index was still in the 91F range.  Yikes.  I was hoping that it had dropped (and Accuweather seemed to think that it had dropped).

[As an aside, I just checked what the conditions were on Saturday during the 5k.  100% humidity.  The whole time.  Yeesh.]

Oh well.  All things considered, it could have been worse.  Sure, the run necessitated much more walking that I would have liked, but that's okay.  Probably if I could just convince myself to start much slower, I wouldn't have to walk so much.  That argument with self isn't going so well, though.  If the weather would convince itself to be more temperate, I might be doing better too.

Today was 5 miles with some hills (it was supposed to be around 4 minutes' worth of hills, but I think I did more).  I will say that I did well on the hilly parts.  Now if I can just get the 'continuous running' parts down, I will be in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment