Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trips down Memory Lane

To make any sense of this post, you need to know that I'm currently in Boston.  Somerville, more precisely.  Right near the Cambridge/Somerville line.

Before I went out this morning, I found myself humming this:


Why?  Because I am staying approximately one block away from where I lived when I first started running back in 2006.  So maybe not 'memory lane' so much as 'memory routes.'

This morning I ran down to the Charles River (YAY!!!!).  I saw the hotel where I stayed the last time I spent time in Boston.  I ran by the boathouse where we used to row from.  I got to enjoy this view.  It's funny: I was really excited to go running and revisit these old places.  Also, I got through my run with no problems, which is always a treat.

It was slightly more hot and humid than I would have liked, but really nothing on Florida.  'Warm' and 'damp' might be a better way to express that.  There was a guy ahead of me near the end who kept having to stop and walk.  This made me feel infinitely better about life, even though that's kind of mean.

Today was Day 1 of the official marathon training plan.  Day 1 complete!  Whoo!  Only 3.5 months to go.  Less whoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment