Saturday, January 21, 2012

Here we go again

Okay, half-marathon #3 is tomorrow and guess what?  I still feel ill-prepared!  Just like two of the last three half-marathons!  Except for the one where I got sick during.  I felt pretty damn good going into that one, actually.  Oh the irony.

However, I am taking this with a grain (carton?) of salt.  I was sick.  There is not much you can do about sick other than ride it out.  So that is okay.  Also, I got through my 12-mile two weeks ago, so things could be worse.

For some reason, this past week I was ridiculously tired.  No idea why.  No obvious culprit, apart from the usual requirements of my job.  So I did not get running.  I sat in the parking lot of my gym for a good 15 minutes and tried to make myself go run, but it did not work out.  I'm just going with it.

I did get out today to do my '2 miles to remind you what running is the day before the half-marathon' run (yes, this is really a thing).  Seeing as it has been almost a week, this was probably a good idea.

You know what?  The next--and last--half is going to be awesome.  Because I will stick to my training plan.  And not get sick.  Or else!

(PS - Admittedly, that is an empty threat.  But I will get nowhere with pessimism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment