Thursday, February 2, 2012

I can haz speedwork

Something important that I discovered between Sunday and today: the distance that I ran for my speedwork on Sunday was about twice as long as I was supposed to go.  Hence why it was hard to run at 90% of my energy level.  Today, I ran the right distance.  And it was awesome.  And I owned every interval.  And I love speedwork.  These are not words that you hear too often from a slow and steady runner.

Apart from the Speedwork of Awesome, I also ran three miles.  It was just fine.  Maybe a bit humid out, because I'm somewhat sweaty, but on a scale of 1-10, I think it gets around a 7.  Also, I got out and ran, which was an achievement.  I meant to go this morning, but for reasons unknown to me, I woke up last night at 3am and didn't get back to sleep for a long time.  Today I even went in the dark and everything.  Yay!

Could it be that I am gradually shaking off my running funk?  Because that would be almost as awesome as speedwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment